Giveaway Closed: Thanks for entering!
It's a Smurf Giveaway!
Enter to win one of these two graphic novels!
To view my review of The Smurfs and the Magic Flute click here.
Review of The Purple Smurfs click here.
Product Descriptions From Amazon.com:
The Purple Smurfs
When a strange fly bites one of the Smurfs, a full-on epidemic develops in the Smurf Village! After being bit, a Smurf turns purple and his vocabulary is reduced to one single word: “gnap!” The purple Smurf runs around the Smurf Village biting other Smurfs on the tail, causing them to turn purple and act crazy too! Soon enough, there are more purple Smurfs than blue Smurfs in the village. It’s up to Papa Smurf to find a cure and save the Smurf Village before all of the Smurfs lose their minds for good!
The Smurfs and the Magic Flute
This graphic novel presents the first comics in which the Smurfs ever appeared! In Medieval times, a court jester named Peeweet who lives in a King’s castle discovers a flute that makes those who listen to it dance until they collapse from exhaustion. When a thief steals the flute, Peeweet must search out the makers of the flute, the Smurfs, to make an even more powerful flute to combat the thief in this wildly funny tale that introduced the Smurfs to millions.
I have one of each book to giveaway! There will be 2 winners. To enter please see the rules below. You must comment/enter on this post only. Be sure to tell me which book you would like to win.
A BIG Thank You to Antonia at Lissy Peace & Associates for making this giveaway possible!
• Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite smurf episode or memory. Include an email address with your comment so that I can contact you if you do win. Use a spam-thwarting format such as abc.reads AT gmail DOT com or abc.reads [at] gmail [dot] com
• You must leave an email address in order to qualify. If I can't contact you, you can't win!
**You can earn an extra entry by doing each of the following. Each entry must be a separate comment to qualify.**
1. Be or become a follower or subscriber of this blog and telling me about it in a separate comment.
2. Blog about this contest and provide me with the link to the post in a separate comment, and I'll give you yet another entry.
3. Post a link to this contest on facebook and provide me with the link (leave a separate comment) for another entry.
4. Create an html banner and post it as many places as you can. 1 entry for each post. (you must provide the link to the post(s) in a separate comment).
• Winners must provide a U.S. street address.
• Deadline for entry is 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, September 30, 2010.
• Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email announcing that they have won; if I don't hear from a winner, I will draw another name.
• Winners are determined using the sequence generator at Random.org.